couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nikolai Teofilov <n.teofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WinCouch
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2011 16:53:30 GMT

No experience with Adobe AIR but you can have a look here http://www.mikechambers.com/blog/2008/01/17/commandproxy-net-air-integration-proof-of-concept/.

> So for example, would it be possible to replace .NET with Python or
> Java and end up with a similar Windows app that starts CouchDB, it's
> internal server and whatever else might be happening behind the
> scenes?  If so, then I might be in luck with Adobe AIR.  In any case,
> when might the source code get posted - unless it's there and I can
> not find it ?

In the next version I am going to add some extras for more control on the way how the application
and the CouchDB server can be started.
Right now I don't have time for coding but I am going to put the source on the github as soon
i get time for this.

There is nothing special on staring the couchdb server. You can take a look on the bin/couchdb.bat
it is one line "erl.exe -sasl errlog_type error -s couch". The disadvantage of this will be
the console window visible behind. In WinCouch  the server is started as a process created
from a winform app and the form is then hidden but is still accessible from a taskbar icon.
Another option is to start the couchdb server as a windows service by using erlsrv: http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/erlsrv.html
and have a look on the installer file from the couchdb sources etc/windows/couchdb.iss.tpl.