couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Atomic update of multiple attachments?
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 23:59:49 GMT
There's also the multipart/related upload api (though undocumented, I
think). you can send a doc and 0, 1, or many attachments in a single
PUT call.

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 11:38 PM, Robert Johnson <robert@rowanshire.net> wrote:

> Create your document with attributes "eventual_attachment _count" (set this to the expected
count) and "attachment_count_so_far" (set this to zero).
> As you add each attachment, increment "attachment_count_so_far"
>
> Create a view which only emits when "attachment_count_so_far" = "eventual_attachment
_count"

> For update:-
>
> Remove docs and decrement "attachment_count_so_far"
> Reset "eventual_attachment _count"if necessary
> Add new attachments and increment "attachment_count_so_far"
>
> Does this work for you?
>
> Bob
>
> On 7 Feb 2011, at 23:25, Wayne Conrad wrote:
>
>> Is there anything I can do to achieve the illusion of atomic update of a set of attachments?
 Here's the effect I'd like:

>> For create:
>> 1. Create a document.
>> 2. Add attachments to it.
>> 3. Only now does the document and all of its attachments become visible.
>>
>> For update:
>> 1. Delete all of the document's attachments.
>> 2. Add a new set of attachments to the document.
>> 3. Only now does the new set of attachments appear to replace the old.
>>
>> I'm using Couchdb 1.0.2 and CouchRest 1.0.1.  I'm not opposed to cheating to achieve
my goal.  Suggestions of "Did you think of doing this-other-thing instead?" are also welcome.