couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Michael Kohout <mwkoh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new couch user: "denormalizing" using views? General application architecture suggestions?
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 20:28:49 GMT
I'd rather not do it via batch because I'd like the system to be interactive
(via a browser).  And depending on all this processing to occur outside this
subsystem seems less robust.  And to touch on your point, this is a pretty
big database and exporting like that would make some unhappy dbas.  I'm not
sure these are good reasons, but at least they are the ones I've thought of.

But ultimately what I've taken from this conversation is that the _changes
feed is basically the only way I can build the system I'd like.  Unless
there is some other way that makes sense.

thanks
Mike