couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Replication causes huge drop in performance
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2011 22:10:15 GMT
On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Harry Vangberg <harry@vangberg.name> wrote:
> I have a Couchdb 1.0.2 server running on an EC2 m1.xlarge (15GB / 4
> cores) instance, with ~40m docs clocking in at ~45G. The database
> files are stored on EBS, configured as a 250G RAID-10 split on 4 EBS
> disks. I am trying to build a new slave instance on another EC2
> instance. On the master I have max_http_pipeline_size=100 and
> max_http_sessions=1. When I start a pull replication from the slave
> instance, view requests to the master that usually have a ~1s response
> time, jumps to a ~30-40s response time, which breaks my app, that
> still relies on the master instance. It seems a bit aggressive. Any
> ideas?

If you want to decrease the number of http connections (and pipeline
size) used by the pull replication triggered at the slave, you have to
touch the max http sessions and pipeline size parameters in the slave,
not in the master.

Do you see this problem when you query with "?stale=ok" ?
Also, how complex are your view's map and reduce functions?

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org