couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nicholas Orr <nicholas....@zxgen.net>
Subject Upgrading, The Definitive Guide...
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 01:32:46 GMT
So I currently have databases in 3 versions of CouchDB...

This has happened as I found it was a lot simpler to install (src >
configure --prefix=/opt/... > make > make install) couchdb into /opt
and just start it from there, instead dealing with portage (i use
gentoo)
And instead of going and checking if the app works with the new
version, I've just left it as is, working 100%.

Now I'm wondering surely it must be simple to upgrade rather than
having to replicate the databases using the native replication api.

Looking on the site, installing is covered in depth.
Looking at the files included with the source, installing is covered in depth.
Looking at http://guide.couchdb.org/editions/1/en/index.html#part/vi,
installing is covered in depth.

What about upgrading?
Do you specify the same --prefix with the configure command, and
everything "just works"?

Thanks for your insights,

Nicholas