couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Aravinda VK <hallimanearav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Write-only for users?
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 07:00:25 GMT
I had the similar situation while creating my photoblog. When user add
comments to a blog then other users can see the sensitive informations like
email.

So my approach,
Created the comments app as an independent system(Like Disqus)
Added PHP layer to it and given read and write permission to Admin for
comments database.
The PHP layer acts as API server.

When user adds comment, It will be submitted to PHP layer using JSONP(since
cross domain).
To load the comments, I just pass URL of blog/page to get comments related
to that URL. (Email will be excluded by PHP layer while serving)

My photoblog is created as couchapp, and gets comments from PHP layer using
JSONP.

Except for comment system, everything else is complete couchapp.

Advantage here is, We can use the same comments system for multiple
websites.

You can visit the blog which I am talking about
http://hosabelaku.aravindavk.in (This photoblog is in Kannada, Language of
Karnataka, India http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kannada)

Source code is not shared yet. Need to cleanup the code bit. Will share once
it is ready :)

--
Regards
Aravinda | ಅರವಿಂದ