couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Zachary Zolton <>
Subject Re: CouchDB and tags
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:57:03 GMT

If you can afford the disk space, it's a fair tradeoff. I've used a
similar strategy in the past, and it worked out well for me.

You may want to consider limiting the maximum size of tag combinations
to index. For example, I changed my view to emit tag combination
arrays with no more than 4 elements. This could significantly reduced
the index size if your documents have many tags.

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 9:29 AM, Amedeo Paglione
<> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have been playing with CouchDB for a while and I had to address the
> problem of retrieving documents which match a list of tags.
> I have documented my approach here:
> It is working, but I am wondering what could be an alternative and more
> efficient solution to this problem.
> Regards,
> --
> Amedeo