couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: How many nodes can couchdb scale to?
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 00:43:57 GMT
On 28 February 2011 13:13, niall el-assaad <niallel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at developing an application that will have a couple of central
> nodes (data centre) and around 2,000 remote nodes (in branch offices).
>
> I'd like to know if couchdb can scale to having this many nodes working in a
> cluster.
>
> I've looked through all the docs, but can't seem to see if there are any
> limits or best practises.
>
> thanks,

I'm also curious. If we have no benchmarks, I am keen to contribute to
a test for this (NZ is pretty much like a remote office ...)

Is anybody interested in helping organise a mega couch testing
hackathon? sometime in the next month? If so what parameters/info
would we want to test & to collect?

A+
Dave