couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Unkovsky <oil.cray...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About _id generation rule
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 00:59:38 GMT
As I can grasp in src/couchdb/coudh_uuids.erl, dependent on chosen
uuids algo in config you either take
a) random 16 bytes;
or b) 14 hex-microseconds digits catenated with 9 randomly generated bytes;
or c) 13 bytes of semi-constant prefix concatenated with 6 hex digits
incremented by rand(1,0xffe), where prefix is randomly updated once
total increment is greater than 0xfff000.

No other kind of tricks. I'd just make sure my ids would not easily
overlap, probably java uuids should be good enough.

--
DU