couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Peter Bengtson <pe...@peterbengtson.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading to 1.0.2 from 1.0.1 using MacPorts makes CouchDB inoperative
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 09:44:24 GMT
Hi Rory,

Works like a charm! Many thanks.

	/ Peter

22 feb 2011 kl. 10.05 skrev Rory Franklin:

> Hi Peter,
>
> We had that problem here and found that it was a problem with how erlang was installed.
We got it working by doing the following:

> sudo port upgrade --enforce-variants erlang +ssl
> sudo launchctl stop org.apache.couchdb
>

> Hope that helps!
>
> Rory
>
> On Monday, 21 February 2011 at 18:52, Peter Bengtson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just upgraded CouchDB for Mac OS X (latest version) from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 using
macports. I've done this before without any problems whatsoever. This time, CouchDB won't
run at all, not even after a hardware restart. The logs remain empty, no info anywhere else.
The startup item is installed as it should be, but nothing simply happens.

>> Before I start turning my MacBook Pro inside out in earnest, I was just wondering
if anybody else has suffered the same thing?