couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ian Hobson <...@ianhobson.co.uk>
Subject Re: Accessing Futon externally
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 22:44:10 GMT
On 28/02/2011 22:21, Martin Hewitt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got CouchDB compiled and running on a CentOS server, and I can access it locally
through cURL and the application that runs on it.

> How do I expose Futon so I can access it from my remote workstation? I've tried changing
the bind address to 0.0.0.0 but it has no effect.

> Martin

Hi  Martin,

The address to use is:   http://<domain or IP>:5984/_utils/

If that does not work, you may have a fire walling issue. This could be
either that your Centos server firewall is not allowing your messages
in, or that
your source machine is not allowed to send messages out on port 5984.

Not knowing the firewalls that are set up, we can't help further.

Regards

Ian