couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Rob Pettefar <rpette...@gpslsolutions.com>
Subject Windows Server 2003 4GB file issue not solved
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 12:12:47 GMT
Hi guys
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and I managed to get round the 4GB
database limit using this installer:
https://github.com/dch/couchdb/downloads/setup-couchdb-1.0.2_otp_R14B01_spidermonkey_1.8.5.exe
With this I have a 5.8GB database that is happily running, even if I
restart the service.

However when this was applied to a Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition
machine the 4GB limit still seems to exist.
Is there something funky with Server 2003 that would cause this?
Is there a binary or installer available that would work instead?

Also do database files that grow to the magical 4GB limit become corrupt
or are they usable on other setups without this issue?
(I have to ask as the 2003 Server machine is over in china and will take
an age to transfer it for examination)

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Rob