couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Young <>
Subject Re: Server Side Get
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 15:51:37 GMT
Hey Jeff,

When you say "server side get" do you mean an HTTP GET from within some
CouchDB _design document code (such as a _list, _show, or map/reduce)?
If so, that's not currently possible due to the blocking nature of a
round-trip HTTP request and the need for fast compilation of design
document output (as well as the cached index that results).

There are, however, plenty of options for using CouchDB's HTTP API from
the server-side (if that's what you had in mind), and (if you're doing
that) there are also plenty of options for combining CouchDB results
with other HTTP request results from other servers using a server-side
language like PHP, Ruby, or the like.

I'm not quite sure if I've answered your question, but I hope something
in there was helpful. :)

Thanks, Jeff,

On 1/19/11 11:42 AM, IOMATIX wrote:
> How do I perform a server side get?  Do I have to use commonJS or nodeJS and if
> so which is a better match for a pure couchApp.  Can someone point me to or give
> me an example of a server side get to a view?
> I have really been trying to dig up this info and just can't find it.  Thank you
> a ton!
> / Jeff

View raw message