couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Peter Bengtson <pe...@peterbengtson.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading to 1.0.2 from 1.0.1 using MacPorts makes CouchDB inoperative
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 09:01:15 GMT
Commiserations, Joel. Same situation here.

So, is this a generally known bug? Anyone else?

	/ Peter

22 feb 2011 kl. 09.54 skrev joel.guillod@me.com:

> HI,
>
> Yes, the same problem occured for me two weeks ago!
>
> Until yet I am only able to run the CouchDBX standalone application. I checked the appropriate
file & cmd for launching the daemon. I even deleted the /opt/local folder then made a
full reinstall of MacPort/CouchDB but it still dont work. My database in /Library/Application
Support/CouchDB are ok and usable with CouchDBX. I intended to make a build from sources but
do not have time yet.

> I stay inline...
> Joel
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just upgraded CouchDB for Mac OS X (latest version) from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 using
macports. I've done this before without any problems whatsoever. This time, CouchDB won't
run at all, not even after a hardware restart. The logs remain empty, no info anywhere else.
The startup item is installed as it should be, but nothing simply happens.

>> Before I start turning my MacBook Pro inside out in earnest, I was just wondering
if anybody else has suffered the same thing?