couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject CouchDB maintenance script
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 16:53:59 GMT
Hello,

CouchDB requires some maintenance from time to time, so I created a Python script using Benoit's
Couchdbkit library to do the following for one or more CouchDB instances:

* Compact all databases
* Compact all views for all databases
* Clean up all views for all databases

Note that all these tasks are started at once, so if you have a lot of databases/views/data,
running this script might ask a lot of your server's resources. If anyone has a great idea
to do this in a 'better' way, let me know. (Polling the server for compact_running? Is this
also available for compacting views? Maybe just a dumb sleep before starting a next job?)

You can find the code at https://github.com/vpro/couchdb_maintenance under an MIT license.
I run it daily using cron myself. I hope this is useful for others as well.

Nils.
 VPRO   www.vpro.nl