couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Johannes J. Schmidt" <schm...@netzmerk.com>
Subject Re: Detecting changes to admins/readers on a DB
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2011 18:59:31 GMT
Am Sonntag, den 27.02.2011, 10:38 -0700 schrieb Ryan Ramage:
> I will have a server full of dbs and I want to be able to know when a
> user has been added (or removed) from a db security object so I can
> send them
> an email.
I came up with the following solution for that purpose:

1. create a document in a writable database (per user or global) with a
field "status": "new", and information about the user and database.
2. make the change to the security object
3. change the status field to "done"

That way you can (implicitly) listen for changes to the security
objects.

Greetings
Johannes