couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Peter Bengtson <pe...@peterbengtson.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading to 1.0.2 from 1.0.1 using MacPorts makes CouchDB inoperative
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 09:04:16 GMT
I should add that deactivating 1.0.2 in order to reactivate 1.0.1 doesn't work either. Something
seems to be permanently screwed up. I'm suspecting either the updated Erlang or something
else that got updated when installing the newer port dependencies.

22 feb 2011 kl. 09.54 skrev joel.guillod@me.com:

> HI,
>
> Yes, the same problem occured for me two weeks ago!
>
> Until yet I am only able to run the CouchDBX standalone application. I checked the appropriate
file & cmd for launching the daemon. I even deleted the /opt/local folder then made a
full reinstall of MacPort/CouchDB but it still dont work. My database in /Library/Application
Support/CouchDB are ok and usable with CouchDBX. I intended to make a build from sources but
do not have time yet.

> I stay inline...
> Joel
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just upgraded CouchDB for Mac OS X (latest version) from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 using
macports. I've done this before without any problems whatsoever. This time, CouchDB won't
run at all, not even after a hardware restart. The logs remain empty, no info anywhere else.
The startup item is installed as it should be, but nothing simply happens.

>> Before I start turning my MacBook Pro inside out in earnest, I was just wondering
if anybody else has suffered the same thing?