Server: CouchDB/1.0.2 (Erlang OTP/R14B)
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 22:52:29 GMT
Cache-Control: must-revalidate

In all cases I see a status code of 200OK.  (note odd content type).

However:
(1) the success handler DOES NOT trigger.  Nothing appears in the console log.
(2) In the NET tab I see the data has been returned both in JSON format and as an array (under the RESPONSE tab)
["test_suite_reports","test_suite_db","mike","_users"]
(3) I see no way to access the returned data in my program.  It is not in the DOM and there is no variable I can find that contains the response data.
Now if I change the ajax dataType request to just json
dataType: 'jsonp', to dataType'json',
then:
(1) the success handler fires
(2) BUT  NO is data returned