If I use the limit value such as .../_list/sort/view?limit=10 the limit is applied to the view, not the list. what I am wanting to do is pass the full view to the list and then limit the output of the list. Right now I am accomplishing it via a slice but I was hoping there was an easy way to be able to pass it the limit value via the URL.

Chris

Robert Newson
January 10, 2011 1:37 AM

surely you can pass ?limit= through the list function to the view
call? list is 'just' for transforming the output of a view call to
another form.

B.

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Michel Legnered

Michel Legnered
January 10, 2011 1:22 AM

How about something like this:

var row, limit = 10;
while(row = getRow() && limit-- != 0) {
send(row.value);
}

Miche

Chris Johnson
January 9, 2011 12:11 PM

I have a large database which I have written a list that sorts based on value. I know when using the views, you can control the amount of data that is returned using limit (?limit=10). If I use this in my query, it limits the data that is handed to the list from the view. Is there a way to limit the data that is returned from the list?

Thanks
Chris