couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Wout Mertens <wmert...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: native support for url-shorteners and qr codes?
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:41:41 GMT
QR generator in Javascript + Canvas:
http://www.cipherbrain.be/wp/posts/main/2010/05/canvas-qr-code.html

QR generator via Google Charts API:
http://code.google.com/apis/chart/docs/gallery/qr_codes.html

Either of these is trivial to put in design documents or show functions.

Wout.

On Jan 27, 2011, at 4:21 , Keith Gable wrote:

> That's what I'm suggesting. QR codes can store data that's meaningful
> in a ton of different ways to different people (URLs, contact info,
> serial numbers, etc.). There ought to be a QR code function in the
> client-side JavaScript standard library (I don't use CouchDB for
> CouchApp functionality so I don't use show functions or anything...
> not sure how the client does any of that), but it would be up to you
> to define what goes in it. There's not a "standard" way that CouchDB
> could output the QR code and make everyone happy.
>
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Nikolai Teofilov <koleto@me.com> wrote:
>> I am on manufacturing field and I am about to integrated the QR codes as a part of
the production system for tracking the URL to the document in the data base that keep information
about the product with 2D-barcode scanners. There is API for generating uuid-s and I thought
would be nice to have some of the url features as utility APIs integrated.
>> But actually you are right it is application logic and could be easily implemented
as a show function in a couchapp.