couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Filtered replication and separate design documents
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 10:52:13 GMT
Hello,

We're researching a CouchDB setup involving a master CouchDB which has a database with a complete
dataset and several other CouchDB instances which should all receive their own subset of the
master database. I believe this is possible using filtered replication [0]. What we're wondering
is this: is it possible for the non-master CouchDB databases to manage their own design documents
separately from the master CouchDB? They should get their documents from the master CouchDB
via filtered replication, but want to be able to have their own custom views. Is this possible?

Nils.

[0] http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Replication#Filtered_Replication
 VPRO   www.vpro.nl