couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Cohnen <>
Subject Re: Erlang views
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 09:00:40 GMT
I've experimenting a bit with native list functions. In a very simple case I gained about 80%
performance increase (
I haven't done extensive testing though.

If your map functions are heavy on the computational side, you probably won't gain much speed,
since the overhead with en-/decoding JSON for the JavaScript viewer server will vanish. For
simple operations I can imagine that the speed advantage might be quite significant.

On 19.01.2011, at 01:20, kowsik wrote:

> A couple of questions:
> 1. Is anyone using erlang views (as opposed to Javascript) in a
> production environment?
> 2. For the map and filter functions, is there any kind of published
> performance numbers that show the speed up?
> Yes, I'm aware of the built-in reduce functions and I'm using them
> extensively. I'm more interested in erlang filters + map functions for
> a write-heavy app that I'm working on.
> Thanks,
> ---

View raw message