couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Cohnen <sebastiancoh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Erlang views
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 09:00:40 GMT
I've experimenting a bit with native list functions. In a very simple case I gained about 80%
performance increase (http://tisba.github.com/2010/11/25/native-list-functions-with-couchdb.html).
I haven't done extensive testing though.

If your map functions are heavy on the computational side, you probably won't gain much speed,
since the overhead with en-/decoding JSON for the JavaScript viewer server will vanish. For
simple operations I can imagine that the speed advantage might be quite significant.

Best

Sebastian