couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Keith Gable <zi...@ignition-project.com>
Subject Re: native support for url-shorteners and qr codes?
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 03:21:29 GMT
That's what I'm suggesting. QR codes can store data that's meaningful
in a ton of different ways to different people (URLs, contact info,
serial numbers, etc.). There ought to be a QR code function in the
client-side JavaScript standard library (I don't use CouchDB for
CouchApp functionality so I don't use show functions or anything...
not sure how the client does any of that), but it would be up to you
to define what goes in it. There's not a "standard" way that CouchDB
could output the QR code and make everyone happy.

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Nikolai Teofilov <koleto@me.com> wrote:
> I am on manufacturing field and I am about to integrated the QR codes as a part of the
production system for tracking the URL to the document in the data base that keep information
about the product with 2D-barcode scanners. There is API for generating uuid-s and I thought
would be nice to have some of the url features as utility APIs integrated.