couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using the API to tell if a compact has been done
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 18:20:03 GMT
Later versions include an entry in the db info blob whether compaction
is running. Though you may still get into a bit of a race condition if
compaction finishes faster than you can make the second request.

Though the return value of the compaction request should also tell you
if it's started successfully.