couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: erlang views
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:27:53 GMT
No, you can't do that. It's not a language limitation. A b+tree
supports efficient key look up. It's also efficient to find the
previous and next key when you do so. So couchdb provides contiguous
range queries too. Your query can only be completed by a different,
and more complicated, data structure than couchdb actually supplies.

B.