couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Srinivasan Kumarasamy <kksr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build instructions for Couch on Android
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 07:24:42 GMT
Hi Matt,

I downloaded the CouchDB Android source code (basically Eclipse project)
from , https://github.com/apage43/couch-android-launcher

Android NDK is required for building native code,
http://developer.android.com/sdk/ndk/index.html

After unziping NDK, we can notice a script named, 'ndk-build' which we need
call like ,  ndk-build -C <CouchDB for Android project path>.

According to Aaron Miller in the CouchDB dev group,

" ...It (ndk-build) will build the native component and put it in the right
place for eclipse to pick it up and package correctly...."

For example, I used the script like,  (I am using Ubuntu 10.10 Desktop)
./ndk-build -C
~/srinivask/soft/CouchDB/Android/apage43-couch-android-launcher-667d1d9

We can notice the following when the script completes,

yazhini@yazhini-Vostro-430:~/srinivask/soft/google/android/ndk/android-ndk-r4b$
./ndk-build -C
~/srinivask/soft/CouchDB/Android/apage43-couch-android-launcher-667d1d9
make: Entering directory
`/home/yazhini/srinivask/soft/CouchDB/Android/apage43-couch-android-launcher-667d1d9'
Compile++ thumb: com_google_ase_Exec <=
/home/yazhini/srinivask/soft/CouchDB/Android/apage43-couch-android-launcher-667d1d9/jni/com_google_ase_Exec.cpp
SharedLibrary  : libcom_google_ase_Exec.so
Install        : libcom_google_ase_Exec.so =>
/home/yazhini/srinivask/soft/CouchDB/Android/apage43-couch-android-launcher-667d1d9/libs/armeabi
make: Leaving directory
`/home/yazhini/srinivask/soft/CouchDB/Android/apage43-couch-android-launcher-667d1d9'

After this, we have to import the project into eclipse ide as usual , build
and run on emulator. It will take sometime when the CouchDB is getting
installed on Android Emulator (I am using Android 2.2).

On physical device (Samsung Galaxy 551, Android 2.2), I installed from
Android Market. Installed and running successfully. I am experimenting with
some basics now.

Regards,
Srini

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Matt Adams <madams@phantomware.ca> wrote:

> Hi folks:
>
> Does anyone have better (more complete or updated) instructions for
> building Couch for Android?
>
> I am following the instructions provided by
> Aaron Miller at
> https://github.com/apage43/couch-android-launcher/wiki/CouchDB-Build-Notes-Dumpbut they
are missing important things like library version numbers well as