couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Kenneth Tyler <...@8thfold.com>
Subject erlang views
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 17:21:24 GMT
If i want to select documents by values in certain parts of a key and ignore
other parts I don't think I can do that in couch using javascript views.

If i have keys: a,3,b,4 -- a,2,c,1 -- a,5,b,2
and i want to return keys that match a, _ , b, _  (where _ means "i don't
care")
can i do that if i switch to writing the views in erlang ?

i know i could deal with this by writing a new view, whose key was made up
of the 1 and 3rd place values,
but what i want is a way to return rows from a view that contains the full
key by pattern matching
thanks
ken tyler