couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Woodward <m...@mattwoodward.com>
Subject Re: Writing View to Get Unique Values in Arrays Across Documents
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 00:23:53 GMT
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Randall Leeds <randall.leeds@gmail.com>wrote:

> Seems like you want to emit the idToRetrieveBy as the key from the map
> function and the entire array as the value.

Yep, that'd be ideal, but a separate result for each unique value works in
my case too.

> Reduce function can reduce many arrays to the de-duplicated superset.
> I'd worry about hitting the reduce limit if you're expecting large arrays.

Right, I was wondering about that as well. I'll throw some of this against
the wall and see what sticks.

Thanks to all for the input.
--
Matthew Woodward
matt@mattwoodward.com

Please do not send me proprietary file formats such as Word, PowerPoint,
etc. as attachments.