couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nicholas Orr <nicholas....@zxgen.net>
Subject on android web app able to use local couchdb?
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 03:36:46 GMT
I'm wondering if it would be possible to use couchdb on android for the
following scenario.

I'm building a simple webapp to track tv episodes, like myepisodes.com,
except a lot faster and simpler interface that i can use on my galaxy s.
This is app is pretty much load up data from tv rage once, then update a max
of 3 values (infrequently) then read everything else.

as such reading data over 3G is slow, once the webpage has loaded (think
sencha touch) all it is doing is reading info from a database and showing it
on the screen.

enter couchdb, it can handle all the views for the sencha app and thus you
would be able to bring the data to the device and make it quick.

I'm not interested in learning how to build native android apps...

and hence the question: can a webpage on an android device access a local
copy of couchdb?

thanks :)