couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: couch windows and erlang 4 gig bug
Date Sun, 23 Jan 2011 06:35:47 GMT
Hi Joe

On 22 January 2011 08:10, Pribele, Joe <jpribele@ea.com> wrote:
> We've managed to hit the 4 gig error on erlang.

Just finished testing & this bug is resolved for me with R14B01  &
couchdb 1.0.2.

> So I tried rebuilding couch with the latest erlang. The failed pretty miserably. I ended
up with a 102mb installer

Most likely, you need to remove the erlang self-installer package that
you just finished building (from $ERL_TOP/release/etc/windows/ IIRC)
*before* starting to build couchdb. I had the same issue in the
beginning.

> and it failed to run after installing. I looks like a whole bunch of were missing.

This is either because your erlang + couchdb SxS config is screwed up,
or alternatively that you are not distributing the right
vcredist_x86.exe with your distribution. Either case causes the erlang
install.exe script to fail, & you miss $COUCHDB/bin + plenty other
files. Take a look at my build process at
http://github.com/dch/glazier - still being tweaked but has a lot more
detail.

> So odds are long but I am pretty desperate. Is there anyone who has built the release
with the latest erlang ? I've seen the dev line windows installer but that doesn't seem to
work on Vista for us.

> Joe Pribele

Yes - try https://www.dropbox.com/s/jeifcxpbtpo78ak/setup-couchdb-1.0.2_otp_R14B01_spidermonkey_1.8.5.exe
& if you get issues email me direct. If I'm on IRC my handle is d_ch.

A+
Dave