couchdb-user mailing list archives

From He Shiming <heshim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB suitable as session store?
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2011 00:51:14 GMT
On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 1:02 AM, Matt Ingenthron <ingenthr@cep.net> wrote:

> There is Membase, which provides persistence and replication but speaks
> memcached protocol.  It's been put together by a number of the core
> memcached guys.
>
> Full disclosure: I am one of them and I work with them, so I'm
> admittedly biased. :)
>
> Matt
>
> p.s.: I've also been lurking for a bit, but this was the first oppty I
> had to offer some knowledge here.  :)

Thank you all for the help. I do need a bit persistence (for shopping
cart and stuff), that's why I attempted to use couchdb in the first
place. I guess I'll be switching to redis for now, it appears to be a
hybrid of memory and disk key value pair, which can be great for
sessions.

--
Best regards,
He Shiming