couchdb-user mailing list archives

From 137maxwell <137maxw...@gmx.de>
Subject _user-API
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2011 12:45:06 GMT
Hi all,

I'm new with couchDB and trying to setup an example from the german book
"CouchDB - kurz&gut".

I just created a test app with "couchapp generate todoapp" and pushed it to
the DB and everything works fine.

Now the book says to add a user by the command:

"curl -vX POST http://admin:secret@localhost:5984/_user -d
'username=bob&password=kelso&roles=user'

The admin exists, the password is set up, but doing this I get the the error
msg:

{"error":"illegal_database_name","reason":"Only lowercase characters (a-z),
digits (0-9), and any of the characters _, $, (, ), +, -, and / are allowed.
Must begin with a letter."}

I search for any solutions but wasn't successive. I am aware of the fact,
that a database must not begin with a "_", but in this situation I
understand the "_user" not as a database but as a part of the API.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,
maxwell