couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Woodward <>
Subject Re: Writing View to Get Unique Values in Arrays Across Documents
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 23:57:14 GMT
On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Christopher O'Connell <
> wrote:

> What you'd like is that the object { first: Bob, last: Smith } only appears
> once in the output, even though his testimony differs?

> In that case, simply limit the fields which you emit:

Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. Giving it a shot now.

I'm starting to think I need to just think more "how would you go about this
in javascript" instead of getting hung up on thinking "how is this done in
Couch?" Appreciate the input!

Matthew Woodward / Twitter: @mpwoodward

Please do not send me proprietary file formats such as Word, PowerPoint,
etc. as attachments.