couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject RE: problems with Apache HTTP Server Proxying CouchDB
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:53:34 GMT
There are example configurations for Apache and Nginx as a reverse proxy on the wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Apache_As_a_Reverse_Proxy
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Nginx_As_a_Reverse_Proxy

I suggest trying those and modifying as needed (please also update the wiki if there is something
that can be done better).

Nils.
Van: Robert Newson [robert.newson@gmail.com]
Verzonden: maandag 10 januari 2011 16:43
Aan: user@couchdb.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: problems with Apache HTTP Server Proxying CouchDB

"I'm not sure what about the test suite is expected not to work with a
reverse proxy."

It's not so much we expect it not to work, just that we (couchdb devs)
don't run the test suite through a reverse proxy as a matter of course
(and possibly ever) so if it were broken for any reason (ports being
the obvious one, but perhaps odd custom headers, etc) we wouldn't
notice, nor would we necessarily consider it broken.

If you have all the tests (bar config which tests the port) through a
reverse proxy, then that's good news indeed. If you are able to share
the working configuration for that, I'm sure plenty of folks on
channel would be grateful.

B.
 VPRO   www.vpro.nl