couchdb-user mailing list archives

From N/A N/A <pressley...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: simple AJAX request
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 00:30:16 GMT
Hi,

There is couch.js file in couchdb. It is not using jquery to perform AJAX and is
simple. It needs some improvements, but is really nice to get started.
Try it! :)

regards,

________________________________
From: Chris Johnson <csj790@yahoo.com>
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Sent: Wed, January 19, 2011 4:33:18 AM
Subject: simple AJAX request

I am new to couchdb and have been successfully using it with the python libs. I
am trying to move to JS, which I am new to as well, and having some challenges.
I know this is a simple question, so please bare with me. I am trying to make a
simple ajax call to pull data from a view but get an error. I have tried with
both the full URL and just he view information with no luck. What am I missing?

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
         $.getJSON("_view/status", function(data) {
            alert("JSON Data: " + data);
          });
</script>