couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Philipp Forsthuber <philipp.forsthu...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: users management tools ?
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 15:06:06 GMT
Hi Martin,

perhaps all your problems can be solved by looking in the lower right
hand corner of your Futon instance. Does it say Admin Party?

If yes:

- click on Fix this
- create an admin account
- remember the admin password!
- Continue below...

If not:

- click Logout
- Now you should see Signup or Login
- click Signup
- voila, you can create a user.

Alternatively, if you want to create the users via a remote application,
you have to create the User directly in the _users table.

To do this, you have to send a http Request that contains the User
datastructure in JSON Format, including the hashed passwort and the
corresponding salt value. Just have a look at the _users table to see
how the structure is built.

Hope to have helped,

regards,
Philipp