couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Florian Leitner <florian.leit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB and XULJet for development of desktop applications
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 16:03:48 GMT
Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your detailed responses. As you will have seen, I've
replied to your comments in another thread, too. Specifically to what
you wrote here:

Yes, XULjet seems to very much solve the client side issues and
creates a nice platform-independent interface for desktop apps.
However, as I already wrote in another thread you replied to, too, it
seems I will have to create _two_ interfaces: one web interface for
the servers (using some web server wrapper for CouchDB, such as
LivelyCouch), and one desktop interface for the clients (using
XULjet). However, I could be completely wrong about this and maybe
XULjet could also be used to serve web pages, so I can use XULjet for
both interfaces? If that were the case, XULjet would actually be the
perfect solution I am looking for, because I do not need to maintain
two interfaces. So, is that possible with XULjet?

Regards,
Florian