couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Luciano Ramalho <luci...@ramalho.org>
Subject Re: Couchdb on Google App Engine
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 16:29:29 GMT
On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Luis Carlos Junges
<luis.junges@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone sucessfuly deployed couchdb on google app engine?

Google App Engine is a great service, but it gives you no access to a
regular filesystem, and no way to use any programming language runtime
apart from the heavily patched Python and Java runtime environments
they offer. So I don't see any way to run CouchDB on Google App Engine
at this time.

> does anyone knows a couchdb provider?

There is CouchOne, but it is still beta. I'd also appreciate pointers
to alternatives.

--
Luciano Ramalho
programador repentista || stand-up programmer