couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Bill Barry <b...@billbarry.org>
Subject Re: Couchapp KeyError for deleted document
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 22:55:15 GMT
On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 2:10 PM, Wordit Ltd <wordituk@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 9:31 AM, Bill Barry <bill@billbarry.org> wrote:
> > Deleting the document via futon does not delete the signature and this is
> giving couchapp problems.
>
> Thanks, so this is a Futon bug? Is it a known issue?
>
> I got the same issue on Linux too, so it's not Windows only. I got
> around it at the time by cloning the app.
>
> I would say its a problem in the interaction between couchapp and futon.
When you delete an attachment in futon that was placed there by couchapp,
the couchapp design document signature field does not get updated. This is
still no problem if you don't touch the file in your couchapp directory, but
if you also delete or edit it then you get the KeyError you posted.
Proabably couchapp should recognize and handle this problem. I don't really
think it's futon's responsibility.  I have posted a summary of the problem
on the couchapp list.

Bill