couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Florian Leitner <florian.leit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB and XULJet for development of desktop applications
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 01:30:20 GMT
Hi Pavel,

I just read your post after my own, entitled "CouchDB/App, XHR, and
the JavaScript Same Origin Policy". This sounds pretty interesting,
especially your qoute about the Ajax issue and working around the Same
Origin Policy. So, if this is a good tool to build desktop-based
CouchDB apps, how platform-independent is it? Can I easily build tools
that work equally well on OSX, Windows, and Linux without any "special
case" checking, much like in a platform independent language? Does it
support any other platforms beyond those "big three"? And, last, you
write you can easily embed SVG and HTML - what about PDF files, can
you view/display those through some plugin, maybe like the typical
browser plugins?

Thanks,
Florian