couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Florian Leitner <florian.leit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LivelyCouch - a framework around CouchDB and Node.js
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 01:53:39 GMT
Hi Mirko,

Your project sounds pretty much exactly like what I am looking for; I
have posted an issue about my cross-site XHR requests for the
couch-based application I am about to develop in a recent post
("CouchDB/App, XHR, and the JavaScript Same Origin Policy"). So, if I
understand what you propose on the LivelyCouch website, this would
_exactly_ solve my issues, right? Because of using node.js as
"man-in-the-middle" between the browser and the CouchDB, I can do any
XHR to any site without having to think about Same Origin
Policy-stuff. On the other hand, because a LivelyCouch app is fully
stored inside CouchDB, installing (replicating) and updating
(synchronizing) such an app stays as trivial as it is with CouchApp.
Is this correct?

Thanks,
Florian