couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Woodward <m...@mattwoodward.com>
Subject Re: Map/Reduce Question
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 21:32:09 GMT
On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Matthew Woodward <matt@mattwoodward.com>wrote:

> I'm currently getting back things like that, which is fine. But, let's say
> I wanted to return only the records with "foo" as the first element of the
> array. How would I go about doing that?

Oh and I should have stated that I'm trying to avoid having a view for each
value of "foo." So to elaborate a bit, the value I'm trying to pull is a
discrete property in my document to begin with.

To make this a bit more concrete, let's say I have documents with lastName,
firstName, and middleInitial as fields, and I want to pull things by last
name,. Given the previous examples what I wind up with is a key that's an
array of lastName, firstName, middleInitial to get the distinct values.

Is there a way to pass a specific last name as the key in the URL and have
the results be the example I gave in my previous message, but only for the
specific last name provided as the key?

Thanks.

--
Matthew Woodward
matt@mattwoodward.com

Please do not send me proprietary file formats such as Word, PowerPoint,
etc. as attachments.