couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Woodward <m...@mattwoodward.com>
Subject Re: Map/Reduce Question
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 23:18:25 GMT
On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Matthew Woodward <matt@mattwoodward.com>wrote:

> Starting to think--does rereduce do its thing based on unique *keys* as
> opposed anything to do with the value? That would certainly explain the
> behavior I'm seeing, but of course means I may need to go back to the
> drawing board to get where I want to go with this. ;-)

I wound up (for now) combining the key and values into an array that I use
as the key, and that kinda works.

What I lose by doing it this way is the ability to add ?key="mykey" to my
URL to only pull the unique values I want by key, but I'll mess with it
further. Worst case I suppose is I can do that in the application code if
it's not really feasible to handle this on the CouchDB side.

Thanks so much to everyone for the help, and if there are other ideas for
different approaches I'd love to hear them.
--
Matthew Woodward
matt@mattwoodward.com

Please do not send me proprietary file formats such as Word, PowerPoint,
etc. as attachments.