couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Wordit Ltd <wordi...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: External backups (was: Couchone backups)
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 22:43:32 GMT
On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> The couchdb-python library used to have a set of dump and load scripts
> that would give you a JSON file with all your data, but I don't know
> the current state of these. If they are up to date, they should be up
> to the task.

Many Thanks, Jan. I'd prefer some independence where my data backups
are concerned -- although I hope the hosting services provide it as
well. I'll contact CouchOne support on that.

In case anyone else is looking for the library, the site is here:

http://code.google.com/p/couchdb-python/

couchdb-dump: Writes a snapshot of a CouchDB database (including
documents, attachments, and design documents) to MIME multipart file.

couchdb-load: Reads a MIME multipart file as generated by couchdb-dump
and loads all the documents, attachments, and design documents into a
CouchDB database.

Marcus