couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <>
Subject RE: Document model of network
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2010 21:12:36 GMT
I'm not familiar with neo4j, but it appears they have full support for transactions:
You'd have to talk to the neo4j people to learn more about this.

Whether or not a document-oriented database and CouchDB specifically is a good fit for your
model depends a lot on the operations and queries you'd like to perform, I think.

CouchDB uses eventual consistency, so there is indeed no guarantee your data is consistent
at any given moment. (The CAP theorem gives you availability and partition tolerance in return.)

Van: Ido Ran []
Verzonden: zondag 19 december 2010 18:05
Onderwerp: Re: Document model of network

I have look at neo4j in the past, I now see they have RESTful interface.
But, even there there is no mention of transaction on the RESTful interface,
only CRUD operation on single entities which is something I already have.

Do you agree in general that model with reference like link in graph which
is not specifically belong to either side of the link is not a good
candidate for document-oriented database?