couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject RE: Problem with couchddb, please help
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 20:53:21 GMT
1. Indeed you can only update complete documents. Read the document on the client, remove the
field and store the result as an update to the revision you fetched.
2. I don't think writing views is difficult, but it's a new way of thinking for a lot of people,
especially people that are used to thinking in RDBMS terms. Do you have any specific problem
with writing a view? I use the default JavaScript view server myself, I don't have any Erlang
experience and so I can't help with anyhting Ecouch/Erlang specific (but others on this list
might).

Nils.
Van: hariprasad [hprasad.1987@gmail.com]
Verzonden: vrijdag 10 december 2010 17:23
Aan: user@couchdb.apache.org
Onderwerp: Problem with couchddb, please help

Hi to the group

I am Hariprasad Hari, a Master Student of Uppsala University. Currently I am
doing a Project
which is a collaboration between the University and the Erlang Solutions
Company Limited.

I want to be subscribed to this list. Thanking the representatives in
advance.

In my Project i am using CouchDB as my database.

I have figured out 2 problems.

1) I cannot delete a *singe field ( single attribute)* from the Couchdb
document
2) I fount out writing views is difficult?

*ps. I am using *Ecouch as the erlang api to talk with Couchdb**
*
*
Please guided me. Thanking in advance.
Regards