couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Couchone backups?
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 22:28:54 GMT
Hi Marcus,

On 3 Dec 2010, at 23:17, Wordit Ltd wrote:

> Is there a way to do backups on Couchone and other hosting services?

That depends on what extra services these hosters offer. CouchOne currently
does backup for you, but doesn't allow access to end users. For more details,
can I ask you to contact hosting@couchone.com?

> I realise I could replicate to another couch, but that means running
> couchdb on my own server as well...which partially defeats the object
> of using a hosting service.
>
> I was hoping for a way to backup to an archive, and push it to S3

The couchdb-python library used to have a set of dump and load scripts
that would give you a JSON file with all your data, but I don't know
the current state of these. If they are up to date, they should be up
to the task.

Cheers
Jan