couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Comparison of MongoDB & CouchDB: MongoDB seems better on insert
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 22:19:35 GMT
Hi Brian,

On 20 Dec 2010, at 23:08, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> On 20 Dec 2010, at 23:05, Brian Mitchell wrote:
>
>> I have verified that CouchDB users love URLs but don't tend to read them because
their database is too slow.

>> (Joking aside, I find it annoying that people can't ever manage to answer things
without storming off and writing long blog posts on methods of measurement or simply never
actually answering things with any more substance than the things they seem to attack as poor
evidence. I do realize there is a large gap here and apples vs. oranges isn't productive,
but neither is this.)

> +1

Paul on IRC reminds me that this might have been target at me, funny :)

The blog posts are for background which is generally lacking as these benchmarks keep coming
up. I did point out why this is a bad scenario for CouchDB and offered an explanation of better
scenarios, but I can't go and define your scenario because, well, it's yours. That is the
whole point of my stupid benchmarks are stupid argument.

I also did offer more information if requested and I am happy to go into the details of why
CouchDB performs better under concurrent load if requested. If you are requesting that, can
you formulate a question? :)

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers
Jan