couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sylvain Vuilliot <syvuill...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Using couchdb on android
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2010 18:08:03 GMT
Hello all,

I'm new to this list and new to couchdb either.
I would just share with you an issue I had developing a small app with couchapp
on Android.

The default Android browser (Chrome ?) is retrieving data from cache when a
"PUT" request is sent instead of sending the data to the couchdb server.
So it is quite impossible to update docs from app running within this browser.

This issue is not happening with Firefox for Android (even if it's still a
beta).

So I'd like to know how you solved this problem.
I was not able to disable cache in the browser settings.

One way would be to add a "?_=12345" to the end of the PUT request (with a new
value each time so that it can not be answered by the browser cache) but I don't
know the side effects that could have.

Thanks for your answers
And hoping that can help someone not spending one day trying to understand this
strange behavior

Sylvain