couchdb-user mailing list archives

From david martin <david.mar...@lymegreen.co.uk>
Subject Re: Problem with couchddb, please help
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:30:24 GMT
Dear Hariprasad Hari,

   from my experience downloading and looking at Ecouch today,
and finding the version was Version: Apr 11 2008 00:08:38,
and knowing the developments in couchdb from this date,
that you would be better using the excellent, well supported
Couchbeam to access your database from Erlang.
git source at http://benoitc.github.com/couchbeam/
If you used this OTP compliant application you would be using,
in my opinion the most professional tool to perform your Project.
I would be pleased to send you my code efforts as a starting point
for you if you took this route.

Benoit says on the website,
"Get involved
If you have any question don't hesitate to join us on #couchdbkit IRC channel or on the mailing-list.
Report bugs and make feature requests on the ticket system."

  best wishes, David Martin

On 10/12/10 20:53, Nils Breunese wrote:
> 1. Indeed you can only update complete documents. Read the document on the client, remove
the field and store the result as an update to the revision you fetched.
> 2. I don't think writing views is difficult, but it's a new way of thinking for a lot
of people, especially people that are used to thinking in RDBMS terms. Do you have any specific
problem with writing a view? I use the default JavaScript view server myself, I don't have
any Erlang experience and so I can't help with anyhting Ecouch/Erlang specific (but others
on this list might).